Welcome back to school! We hope that you have had a relaxing and wonderful break.
Some great news we would like to share with you, the Chinese Educational Ministry has approved the international license of our school. The International stream is now officially named: “The International School of Sanya for Foreign Students”. The Chinese stream will keep the name as the “Foreign Language School of Sanya.”
In the coming months, all school staff will continue to offer our best efforts, to bring the best learning experience we can for our students.
We are pleased to continually work with you, and we look forward to build up a stronger connection with you!
In the third term of the school year (March ~ June):
The school will conduct the following school events:
- – Report cards and the following teacher – parents interviews
On March 13th and June 26th, you will receive your child’s report card.
On March 19th and 20th, will be the teacher – parent interviews, you are invited to attend. This is a great opportunity for you to know about your child’s progression during the last term.
- – Field trips
Different classes will schedule their field trips on different days, and the destinations of the field trips might be different. The teachers will consider places that are safe, educational, and connected with what the students have learned. Of course, your input is very much welcomed.
- – Western and Chinese festival celebrations
In the following months, we will celebrate the Easter in each class, and the Children’s day, Dragon Boat Day in the whole school. The Chinese Qing Ming and the Labor Day are the national holidays. All these festivals are a good chance for students to learn about the cultural heritage in different cultures.
- – Dress down days
Students all love the dress down days. Be creative, and get ready for the Super Hero Day in March; Crazy Hair Day in April; Beach Wear Day in May; and Solid Color Day in June!
- – Weekly class meeting and monthly school meeting
Students love the class meetings. In the previous months, students took use of the weekly meeting to discuss and evaluate their behavior choices, and promote some positive thoughts and acts! In the following months, we will continue to encourage students to use their critical thinking in their discussion of their life choices – to learn from students from other grades! Some new exciting changes:
– Student growth profile
As a facilitator to help students develop their characteristics as a responsible global citizen, the teacher is going to help each student create a profile which records their efforts in learning all those highly encouraged good qualities – courage, team spirit, justice, caring for others, honesty, etc.
- – More family education activities and support
Many parents have suggested to us that they want more ideas and supports for their educational activities at home. Starting in March, the classroom teachers will work with you in creating many fun family learning projects. Please talk to the Chinese teachers for more information!
- – School will all be finished by 4:40pm
As we are promoting the family educational projects, more time for students to spend with parents is a necessity. According to the Sanya educational bureau’s regulation (No.  87), all schools activities have to finish before 16:50. Because we don’t have the naptime for our students, our students actually have spent at least 3 more hours in school comparing to other schools in Sanya. Considering all the factors mentioned above, we scheduled all the school activities to be finished before 4:30pm. And as in the months before, parents’ pick up time is at 4:40pm. The last 10 minutes will be used for teachers to help students organize their backpacks and review the instruction of the homework. Please note: Starting on March 9th, at 4:40pm parents please go to your child’s Homeroom classroom and pick up the student at the door. Please you MUST SIGN OUT with the class teacher and leave the school right after you pick up your child[ren].
- – Chinese students will participate in the “National flag raising ceremony” and celebrate the establishment of the “Youth Pioneers Group”. In response to the Sanya educational bureau’s requirement, the Chinese students will participate in the “national flag raising ceremony” as a way to appreciate the spirit of patriotism. The “ Youth Pioneers Group” is a tradition in all Chinese schools, which encourage outstanding students to set up examples as responsible Chinese citizens.
- – An ancient Chinese lecture room will be decorated and utilized
Have you imagined what it will be like if you were a student in the Tang Dynasty or Ming Dynasty? Ancient Chinese lecture room is not simply ancient desks and chairs, nor reading ancient poems and practicing calligraphy, students will learn a series of gestures from the ancient Chinese to show respects to the knowledge, and their teachers. The traditional merits of being modest and elegant are conveyed through the way they walk, act, and speak in the ancient lecture room! The major fun events in the following months are:
- – Spring sports game
Spring is a great time for parents and students to run, play, and even compete in a sport game! By the end of March, we will see who are the best runners, jumpers, and ball players! Get ready for your game!
- – Reading festival (a series of activities including reading competition, art exhibition, second-hand book market, etc.) Some teachers already made the plan for your family reading project. Let the story reading tradition continue in your living room, or beside your lovely child’s bed. Love for reading can also be encouraged through other ways, such as art expression, or book exchange. The reading festival will last through the whole month of May and have a finale on June 1st, the Children’s day. Get some inspiration from the reading festival!
- – The establishment of our school’s “Happy farm”
Help a plant grow needs patience, love, and knowledge. Let’s take the best time of the year and help our students to open their farm by the end of March, plant seeds in April, and “show off” the sprouting pictures in May!